American Express Medical Protector
If you wish to make a claim, please simply follow the below steps:
- Complete Part I3 & Part II3 of the Hospitalization Claim Form by you and your attending medical practitioner;
- Enclose related documents such as but not limited to the original receipts and other supporting documents, e.g. medical reports, doctor’s referral letter, etc.;
- Please refer to Part 7 of the Policy Provisions for specific documents which is necessary for you to provide for each respective area of claims;
- Return the completed Hospitalization Claim Form with supporting documents within 30 days from the date of treatment in hospital to:
Zurich Insurance Company Limited
25-26/F, One Island East, 18 Westlands Road, Island East, Hong Kong
How To Apply For Direct Settlement Service?
If you wish to use the pre-admission assessment service and arrange direct settlement for hospitalization and surgical charges, please follow the below steps:
- Complete Part I3 & Part II3 of the Pre-admission Assessment Application Form (which is provided at the end of the policy fulfillment pack) by you and your attending medical practitioner;
- Fax or email to the following contacts at least 3 working days prior to hospital admission:
Fax: (852) 2917 6799
- The result of the pre-admission assessment will be notified to you within 3 working days after the receipt of your application form;
- Once the pre-admission assessment application is approved, the service provider rendered by Zurich Insurance Company Limited will contact the hospital for direct settlement arrangement and you need not settle the hospitalization and surgical charges upon discharge.
- Complete Part I3 & Part II3 of the Hospitalization Claim Form by you and your attending medical practitioner and fax / email to the above contacts within 14 days after discharge from hospital.
1. The result of the pre-admission assessment is based on information provided on the application form. The actual reimbursement is subject to the information supplied on the claim form, actual situation and details of the insurance coverage, exclusion clauses, terms and conditions stated in the policy and any other relevant documents.
2. You will be required to provide treatment information and authorize Zurich Insurance Company Limited to collect shortfall of medical expenses (if any) from your American Express Card account designated by yourself. If hospitalization is due to illness / disability classified under exclusion clauses, the pre-admission assessment application will not be accepted.
3. Part I under the Pre-admission Assessment Application Form / Hospitalization Claim Form should be completed by you and Part II by your attending medical practitioner, at your own cost.